Answers to detailed questions about licences, trainer tools and other practical issues.
I am buying the licence for someone else. How can I give it to him/her?
You may be a trainer buying a licence for an individual customer, or you may have administrative responsibility for buying. You can still “give” the licence to someone else after you have bought it.
Just log in to CultureConnector. You will find the licence waiting for you there.
For personal licences (for one person, or any trainer’s licence), chose the “Give to someone” option.
For group or organisational licences, you should create the group or organisation and then give roles to people who need it. You’ll have two choices:
- create a new organisation or
- assign this licence to an existing organisation.
When you have created the organisation, you can add the people who will have responsibility for it in “My Organisations” and settings. Add new Organisation Managers to the organisation. By doing this, you are giving control of the licence. You or the other Organisation Manager can then add trainers to the organisation and to groups within the organisation.
Can I use CultureConnector if we want to focus on just one culture?
Yes, let’s take the USA as an example. You can place a welcome message on the dashboard of your participants directly them to the key things they can do:
- compare their own profiles against USA business culture and find the big differences as well as areas of common ground
- get personalised “Strategies”, practical advice for adjusting working style for success in US culture
- read material about US culture, prioritised based on their own individual profile
- invite American colleagues to compare profiles directly on a one-to-one basis, avoiding national stereotypes and enabling insights about real-world interpersonal differences
- in teams, get profiles which explore the diversity and within and between nations – this last point is best done with a trainer, who could be in-house or external
How can I print my profile?
- From your start screen (where you land when you click the CCO logo), click the culture you are interested in.
- On the next screen, use your browser’s Print function.You can print via the Browser’s menu. Many browsers allow you to print by right-clicking or typing CTRL+P to open the Print window.If it seems the some colours and images are missing, check your browser’s print settings. You should have a “Print background colours and images” option enabled.
Can I reset my profile?
You need to request a profile reset from the Argonaut team via the support page, giving reasons for your request.
Can I try before I buy?
Get the free version and get familiar. Check out what features you’ll get if you upgrade. You can also buy a licence for a single individual or small trial group. No group is too small! If you have more complex needs for culture analytics or customisation, contact the Argonaut team or talk with our resellers.
When I buy a group licence, should I get an extra place for the trainer?
No. An external trainer is not normally part of the training group. If the group has 10 participants, plus a trainer, you should buy
- licence for 10 people, for example Gold 6 month licence with Qty (quantity) set to 10
- Trainer Dashboard licence for 1 trainer
You can use the Trainer Dashboard licence for unlimited groups, so you do not need to buy the Trainer Dashboard licence every time you buy a new group licence. The Trainer Dashboard is a subscription which you can cancel any time.
Can multiple training providers serve one organisation?
Yes. An organisation can have only one organisational licence, which controls the way that employees are added (or not) to the organisational licence. However, there can be many groups inside and outside of the organisational licence serving personnel of the organisation. These groups can have different trainers and different licence holders.
How can we preserve the organisation's culture analytics data?
You need an organisational licence to access the organisation’s data. This will give you access to a statistical analysis of the employees covered by the licence. For example, if your licence includes 500 employees, you can analyse 500 employees’ profiles. You may decide to keep the reports you generate. You have access to the live and historical data as long as your licence remains active.
When will the licence start and expire?
Licences start when we receive payment
The licence starts from the moment you buy the licence in the Argonaut shop with immediate payment and fixed-length licences will expire according to the purchase date. Subscriptions will be recharged and renew according to the purchase date too. If you ordered the licence by some other method (not in the Argonaut shop) or if you are paying by cheque or bank transfer, the licence will start when payment is completed and will expire according to the payment date.
When you have completed payment, you can immediately use your licence. If you choose to activate the licence later, you’ll lose the time between payment and activation, so you should aim to activate your licence as soon as possible after payment.
I just paid. What happens next?
You can log in (or sign up) at https://www.cultureconnector.com to start using your licence. You must use the same email address in CultureConnector as in the Argonaut Shop when you paid. As soon as we’ve verified your email, you’ll see a notification inside CultureConnector asking you how you want to use your licence. Follow the instructions in CultureConnector.
Can we change a group's licence after we have started working with it?
Yes, if you have bought a subscription, you can contact Argonaut Sales to change your licence level the next time it renews (usually every 3 months). If you want to change sooner, you can apply any available licence to your group. This removes the original licence but you will not get back any places within the original licence that you’ve already used. An available licence means a licence you’ve bought and not yet assigned inside CultureConnector.
Can we move people from one licence to a different licence?
When you add a person to a licence, the licence place is permanently used. This means you cannot move a person off one licence and onto a different licence. However, you can create a new group and if you move people into the group who already have a licence they will use the licence of the new group, which may be higher, lower or the same level as the original licence. The original licence and the new licence may expire at different times.
Can I buy a licence for a colleague?
Yes, log in to CultureConnector after you have completed your purchase. There, in your CultureConnector dashboard, you can decide whether to give away the licence you just bought. See “Getting started” above.
Can I decide exactly who in my organisation uses the licence?
Yes, you can invite specific people by sending them a special link. Or you can directly add specific people who are already registered for the free service or for a different licence. You can also do the opposite: you can let any existing or future person from your organisation to use the licence until the licence is fully used, so no need to decide who uses it and who does not. To summarise, if your organisation has more employees than licence places available, you can either
- decide specific people or
- let the most recently active people use the licence.
What is the difference between a personal licence and a group licence?
A personal licence is a licence for one individual. When you buy a personal licence, you can use it for yourself or you can give it to someone (for example a client or colleague). When you buy a group licence, you cannot give it to another person: you must add it to an organisation or create a new organisation and you’ll probably need a Trainer Dashboard licence to manage the group in the organisation.
When should I use a Mix licence for an organisation?
In most cases, the best licence for a group in a single organisation is a normal (not Mix) licence. You might use a Mix licence if some of the group are from different organisations, such as partners, suppliers, consultants or other guests from outside the main organisation.
The advantages of creating groups inside organisations (on a normal licence) instead of outside (on a Mix licence) are:
- Trainers are pre-approved for the group, based on their role in the organisation
- Trainers can add employees of the organisation directly into the group (in Mix groups trainers must instead send an invitation link)
- The group and the licence appear in the Organisation settings, so are easy to include in accounting/training reports for the organisation
Already have a higher licence
If you already have a Gold licence, you cannot switch to a Silver licence. It is possible to upgrade, but not downgrade your licence. However, if you get a lower level licence while having a higher level licence, you’ll switch to the lower level licence when the higher level licence expires. See the CultureConnector shop to see which licences are higher and which are lower.
What happens when my licence expires?
You will move to the Free service when your licence expires. You continue to have full access to your profile and to all the content which is available on the Free service. You can compare five cultures on the Free service. If you are in a training or coaching programme, your trainer will no longer have access to your profile. It is easy to restore your earlier access by getting a new licence.
Licences for trainers
We are a training company. Can we buy a licence on behalf of our client?
Yes, you can manage your client’s CultureConnector organisation licence. Your client will need to confirm that you are authorised to do this. You can also buy a simple licence for a group of your client’s personnel, without taking responsibility for managing your client’s whole organisation licence.
I want to include my own personal profile in a group. What kind of licence do I need?
If you have the same email address as your participants, you can join their group with any licence (except Free, where groups are not possible anyway). Just add yourself to the group by clicking the invitation link or using the Trainer Dashboard tools in the group to add yourself as a learner directly. If your email address is different from your participants, you need a Mix licence, which allows people from different organisations to share a single licence.
We are a training company. Do we need a licence for our own organisation?
Probably not. You will get most value from getting individual Trainer Dashboards for your personnel, but you can operate well without any Silver, Gold or Diamond licences. Your trainerscan access your customer’s cultural profiles and get the benefit of your customer’s licence level (for example, Gold) with just the Trainer Dashboard. It is the same with managing and getting insights into your customer at organisation level: your customer needs the licence but your own organisation does not (however, you can buy the licence on behalf of your customer, if you agree to do it that way). The only benefits to buying a licence for your own organisation are:
- to demonstrate higher licence levels to your customers who have not decided about their own licence yet
- for your trainers to get familiar with the different licence levels
- for your own employees to learn and use the full features of CultureConnector outside of their trainer roles
To help you avoid unnecessary costs, we’ve published information about the different licence levels on this website, so you and your customers can see what the higher level buys.
How should I buy trainer licences for my training team?
Your trainers should get one Trainer Dashboard each. If you buy one Trainer Dashboard, you’ll get the option to use it yourself or give it to someone else.
If you already have your own Trainer Dashboard licence, you will get just one option: give to someone. If you buy more than one Trainer Dashboard in one purchase, you need to assign each Trainer Dashboard to a different individual. This is quick and easy to do: after you complete your purchase, you’ll instructions inside CultureConnector how to assign the Dashboard to people in your training team. They will receive a notice by email and inside CultureConnector about their new licence.
You cannot give a Trainer Dashboard to a group.
How are the Silver trainer reports generated?
There are some differences between the trainer views at Gold level and at Silver level. At Silver level, you see maximum 5 comparators, whereas at Gold level you see unlimited comparators.
For a group with a Silver licence:
- Distance report – you see the group average (all group members, even if the group has more than 5 members) compared with maximum five cultures
- Culture overview – you see the group average (all group members, even if the group has more than 5 members) compared with any culture chosen by the group members. In other words, there is no difference in this report between Silver and Gold levels.
- Spread – you see the group average (all group members, even if some of the individuals in the group are hidden, because there are more than 5 members) compared with any culture chosen by the group members. Only the first 5 members of the group by registration date appear as separate individuals in this report.
- Distance spread – you see the first five members of the group by registration date compared with any culture chosen by the group members.
Learning and training
What's the difference between the original Argonaut and CultureConnector?
If you used Argonaut during the 2002-2016, you’ll notice three things which CultureConnector has in common with Argonaut: questionnaire questions, original data from previous profiles, content. Everything else is new: design, structure, technology and many features. Learners get smart content recommendations, which saves time for trainers customising the experience for participants. Trainers get new ways to visualise individual, team and organisational cultural profiles. And everyone gets to be more social through person-to-person comparisons or trainer messages to learners. Finally the way licensing for CultureConnector works in an entirely new way, compared to Argonaut. The name of the company continues to be Argonaut. CultureConnector is the name of the online service we provide.
What reports can we generate about CultureConnector usage?
With trainer and organisation manager roles, you can get the following data from CultureConnector:
- Number of learners
- Number of trainers
- Number of groups
- Most recent activity
- Cultures of interest, by popularity
- Number of visits
- Duration of visits
- Recent registrations
- Historical activity data
Can we integrate CultureConnector with our learning management system (LMS) or learning record store (LRS)?
Yes, CultureConnector can transfer data about user activity to a LMS or LRS. The Argonaut team will listen to your goals for the integration and make a plan with you, for example, recording launches, reporting visits, tracking achievement of certain study activities.
CultureConnector is a system for generating relevant insights for individuals, teams and organisations. It is not a traditional portable course, so there are no SCORM-compliant courses or any AICC-compliant material for installation in an on-premise LMS environment.
Contact the Argonaut team and set objectives for your LMS/LRS integration.
Why is my email address not accepted?
This is a list of possible causes
- You are trying to log in but you have not signed up yet. Sign up first on the Sign up page.
- You are trying to sign up with an email address that is already in use. Go to the login page instead, and get a new password if you’ve forgotten it.
- You are using a personal email address. Use your work email address instead.
Where can I get technical support?
Visit our support pages at www.argonautonline.com/support