- Capital City: Pretoria (executive capital), Cape Town (legislative) and Bloemfontein (judicial)
- Currency: Rand = 100 cents
- International dialling code: +27
- Official language: Official languages: IsiZulu, IsiXhosa, Afrikaans, English, Sepedi, Setswana, Xitsonga, Tshivenda, Nguni language group (siSwati and Ndebele), Sotho language group (Southern Sotho, Northern Sotho and Tswana).
- Official name: Republic of South Africa
- Population: 51.8 million (2011)
- Religion: Christianity, indigenous/animist beliefs
- Web domain: .za